Tuesday, May 1, 2018

May Stamp of the Month ....Lemonade anyone?

Great stamp set for upcoming summer fun!

I missed the deadline for the blog hop this month but please join circle blog hop to get inspiration from creative Close To My Heart Consultants as they share their creations using this months fantastic Stamp Of The Month:  Classic Summer Bash

 Haley Dyer is a great place to start the blog

If you want to see all the submission locations go to Melissa's blog:
Melissa’s blog.
Or when you are finished perusing my blog head over to: Katy Taylor's for more inspiration.
Remember you can get this fantastic stamp set for only $5  with a qualifying $50 order.  What a deal!



I used the new background and texture paper from "Fresh Air" (X7232B) and 3 colors of card stock (canary, lagoon and juniper)
to make this 2 page layout.  




 I also enlarged the scanned stamped images, printed and cut out         the images on Explore Cricut to make titles for the layout.




 I used a stamp press to make the cards because the stamping was on the same place on most of the cards so it was easier to make multiples.  I also used transparent film on one of the cards and the press helps position it to match the underlying paper perfectly.






Archival black ink was used for 2 reasons:  plastic film, and use of watercolor paper to allow easy coloring of stamped images.






           Shimmer Brush Gold  looks great on top of canary yellow!

 Watercolor paper was used for the 2 page layout to make the coloring with ink , watercolors and shimmer brush to lie flat.
The cards were basic white cards and they absorbed the ink well.


Remember to jump over to Melissa's blog to see some more ideas how to create with this cute stamp set.

Feel free to add your creations in the comments below so we can all learn (and scrap lift) from each other.
                                                                 Always, Alayne

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards and pages Alayne!! Thanks for sharing and inspiring me with your creativity! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet response. I was sad I missed blog hop by forgetting to push a button. You made me feel my post was worth posting. Blessings. Always, Alayne

      Delete